Part 1 Student Blog Challenge Awards
Choose your favourite blog (not from your class) that you would like to nominate for the November 2016 Edublog Challenge. Publish a post setting out the reasons for your choice.
Part 2 Blog Audit
- How many posts did you write?
- How many were school based, your own interests or set by the challenge?
- How many comments did you receive from classmates, teachers or overseas students?
- Which post received the most comments? Why do you think that happened?
- Which post did you enjoy writing the most and why?
- Did you change blog themes at all and why?
- How many widgets do you have? Do you think this is too many or not enough?
- How many overseas students do you have on your blogroll?
- Which web tools did you use to show creativity on your blog?
First Annual St. Lawrence Student Choice Awards!
Sixty-five student bloggers are now evaluating all our blogs to choose the winners of our first St.Lawrence Student Choice Awards!
One of the best A-Z posts this year
Thank you to Geoff Online and Nicholas Online for the very successful Spell with Flickr workshop to make letters for our Once Upon An Alphabet project.
If you happen to be reading here over your 4 day weekend, I wanted you to know about these relatively new blogs coming from Ms. Rombach’s class (U.S.A.) which I don’t think we’ve visited yet. Most of these bloggers are just starting out but their work already looks quite interesting! If you want to get a headstart and leave some comments over the Continue reading
Here we go! Miss W just posted the first student blogging challenge of 2016 so let’s get started.
Activity 1 Avatars * optional *
If you’d like to create a new avatar, feel free to try out one of Miss W’s suggestions. Don’t forget to save the image as a jpg on your USB key (or meet me in the lab at lunch).
Activity 2 About Me * obligatory *
It’s time to give your About Me a make over.
Step 1 Create a rich profile that includes:
a. the basics (i.e. blog name, age, grade, school, location, family, languages spoken) Continue reading